Dresser Roots Blower
Major overhaul of a Dresser Roots Blower
In 2014 the Roodhart Group did a major overhaul of a Dresser Roots Blower for a glass factory in Schiedam. We dismantled the blower completely and the parts were cleaned and sandblasted. New shaft stubs were placed on the lobes and using an indicator we made sure they met their runouts. The dowel holes in the lobes were reamed and new dowels were placed. The compete blower is build up again with new bearings, labyrinths and gaskets. We did the complete overhaul including all the fieldwork (take away, placing and aligning the blower) in just 5 days.