Since 2009, Roodhart has been the proud owner and producer of the well-known plastic centrifugal pumps, formerly known as Begemann. Begemann was the founder of the plastic centrifugal pump in 1962, and with this offered a qualitatively very interesting product. This pump actually came on the market at a time when the (petro) chemical industry was developing strongly. The Begemann K pump was a success not only in the Netherlands, but also outside the borders. Today, we still produce, in unaltered form, the pumps and parts as they were then conceived. Both the epoxy (Y10) and the PVDF (W34) belong to our range. All parts, also for older pumps, are available as standard. Thanks to our production process, we can often deliver standard wear parts from stock in particular. The range of pumps as developed in the early 1960s of the last century is unchanged in our range. This means a wide selection of pump sizes, based on four hydraulics, names the K165, K210, K240 and K280. All these sizes can be subdivided into separate sizes with the corresponding suction and discharge connections. And to make the range complete, there is a large variation in impellers, so that an efficient pump can be selected for every application. Of the above pump sizes, vertical pumps are also available, the KV and KVV models. The major advantages of a plastic pump in chemical and aggressive processes with regard to sustainability are evident. To guarantee a stable and well-functioning process, the K pump includes:
- Proven applications through solid plastics, PVDF and Epoxy.
- Oversized bearing seat construction.
- No metal components in contact with liquid.
- Wide performance range due to the possibility of multiple fan options.
- Configuration with closed and semi-open impeller.
- Low equipment weight.
- Lower housing in epoxy resin, therefore also very corrosion resistant.
- Housing with plastic flanges, drilled according to DIN, ANSI etc.
- Low NPSH values required.
- Low noise levels.
- Low maintenance costs.
- Easy assembly and reassembly.
- Mechanical seals, single or double acting from all reputable sealing manufacturers. All Roodhart K plastic pumps are produced and assembled in our own factory in Rotterdam.